Monday, January 29, 2007

DUE, WEDNESDAY 1/30 Fahrenheit 451 pp. 154-165

Read Fahrenheit 451 pp. 154-165 (finish the book)

Read the Afterward and the Coda if you like; It’s interesting but it’s not required reading.

1. Ask a question

2. Visit a couple other blogs from classmates and try to answer someone else’s question(s) and/or comment on their blog.

3. Answer one of the following sets of questions.

A. What does Granger mean when he says, quoting his grandfather, “Shake the tree and knock the great sloth down on his ass”? Why is this quote important? How does it fit into the novel, what is Bradbury trying to say with this?

OR

B. What does Montag mean when he says, “And when they ask us what we are doing , you can say, We’re remembering” ? Why is this quote important? How does it fit into the novel, what is Bradbury trying to say with this?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Jana,

I had a question about commenting on other people's blogs and asking questions. Is it okay if we comment on someone who is not in our P1-P2 class? Because people from P4-P5 have been commenting me and I have been replying but I just wanted to know if I am still going to get credit for my comments. Thanks!

Mr. Jana said...

Yes, it is okay. Thanks for the question. I encourage you do comment on people in the other classes.

Later, I will put you in "blog groups" where you will be responsible for commenting on certain people, but even when that happens you can/should comment on others, from your class or another.

Mr. J

JV (Dumpling) said...

Mr. Jana this was a very interesting book and I would like to have it for my library. I'm glad you had us read it.

Mr. Jana said...

I'm thrilled to know that you liked the book J.V. When it comes time to write your essay about it be sure to tell me why you like it.

Mr. J