Monday, January 29, 2007

DUE TUESDAY, 1/29 Debate Prep and …


DUE TUESDAY, 1/29 Debate Prep and …

1. Read the updates and announcements on my blog (scroll down).

2. Find at least two on-line sources, pro or con and take notes on whatever you find valuable or interesting.

The notes should not be extensive, just a couple sentences explaining wheter it is a good (or bad) source to refer to in the future. Remember that Wikipedia under “9/11 Conspiracy Theories” or “Loose Change” is a good place to start. It has links to both sides. Also remember that Debunking has lots of links and books for both sides. The purpose of this is just to get an idea of what is out there so you can go back to it if it looks good.

3. “Populate the List” – Start filling out the handouts I gave you in class with at least two arguments for each topic (i.e. "Pentagon," "Twin Towers," and "Flight 93" and the corresponding cross-examination and rebuttal points. Just like we discussed in class.

4. On Tuesday I will check the chapter 3 and chapter 4 work you did from Debunking, so if you are behind on that be sure to catch up.

5. Scroll down for the Fahrenheit assignment.


I know this is a lot of homework for tonight. It's because we are in debate prep mode and need to get certain things done. If it makes you feel any better you will finish reading Fahrenheit this week and won't have a reading assignment the night before the debate. I also promise that I won't give you any homework over the weekend - and it's here, in writing, so you will have to make me stick to it.

I can't believe that the winners of the class lotto have not been hounding me for their money ... what's the matter with you guys !?


Mr. J



1 comment:

(Dub)Matt(Dub) said...

ya i kno huh! just forget them, i'll take the money. I would hate to see you buy prizes for nothing, so i'll just take them tomorrow morning. thanx in advance.