Thursday, January 25, 2007

Class Agenda for Friday 1/25

Sorry everyone, I took a day off to try and rest and get over this cold I've been trying to fight off for a week. You will be doing lots of boat work today, but here is what you need to do for Humanities.

As of 7:09 pm on Thurday very few students have told me which of their blog entries they want me to comment on. See my blog entries starting "Period ... " and make sure you do this ASAP if you have not done so already.

Period One, the new seating arrangement is for you to sit with your debate teams. The tables close to my desk are for the pro team and the ones by the partition are for the con team.

1. Debrief the Debunking Assignment that was due today. Get in your debate team groups and share each others notes.

2. Be sure to take the next chapter of Debunking, Chapter 4. It can be found next to the boxes where your files are kept. You have a homework assignment on it, see seperate blog entry.

3. Determine your leaders, liasons, and groups, and who will actually be speaking during the debate. If several people want to be leader take a secret vote. Remember that leaders and liasons are also in groups. If you have a speaking role for this debate, such as giving a constructive speech or being a cross-examiner, you cannot have a public role in a debate in the future. Is this the most important debate for you? If you forget what you are supposed to do in your group look at the handouts we went over yesterday, especially the one about groups.

4. Blog. See seperate blog entries for Fahrenheit, and Debunking.

5. On your own initiative you can start researching the debate topic in greater detail. Wikipedia is a good start (search for 9/11 conspiracy theories) and will point you to other sources. There is no "due" assignment on this.

6. I have not forgotten about descripitive writing, but we are taking a break from it for now because of the other work that has to get done.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I hope that when I see you on Monday I will be completly over this cold. I will use the opportunity to comment on your blogs!

Mr. J

No comments: